Go here to sign up: https://mailman1.u.washington.edu/mailman/admin/cse599i_sp12
Our agenda for the next few weeks looks something like this:
- The discrete Cheeger inequality
- The connection between and the mixing time of random walks
- Planar separators, eigenvalues, and circle packings
- Expander graphs and rapid mixing
- The small-set expansion problem and the Unique Games Conjecture
- Higher-order Cheeger inequalities
- Cheeger inequalities for very large eigenvalues (Arora-Barak-Steurer)
- Mixing times and the spectral profile
This is the course web site for CSE 599S: Algorithmic Spectral Graph Theory. This is where notes, homeworks, and video will be posted.
The class will be held every Monday and Wednesday, from 3-4:20pm in CSE 305.